Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dear Reader Letter

Dear Reader,



I am just a nineteen year old, small town girl with a big personality. Born and raised in Washington State I am a true Washingtonian. I am from a small family of four including my father, mother, sister and myself. I love working with children and teaching, so my current ambition is becoming an elementary school teacher. I am currently enrolled in Everett Community College, and my Intro to College Writing class has taught me a how to become a more superior writer.



Writing has always been my best subject in school, but it still confuses me from time to time. Strengths I posses in writing are my vivid descriptions and my ability to grab my reader. However with strengths come weakness and my weakness are my voice and ability to get carried away in my papers. Through my ten weeks in my Intro to College Writing class I have been taught to visualize my paper through my peers eyes in peer response groups, minimize the “I” voice to create an intelligent sounding essay, analyze and relate effectively in novel reading and use vivid descriptions to create a visual illustration for my reader.



Peer response is a gathering of students analyzing and offering of advice for improvement in one another’s papers. Peer Response has helped me write more effective essays by taking the advice offered to me and putting that advice into action. Elimination of the “I” voice has helped me write at college level and sound more knowledgeable. Analyzing novels through group seminars has helped me relate to my peers and understand our reading as we discuss passages that held meaning to us. Along with these three lessons using vivid descriptions has taught me a great way to keep your readers attention in your paper and helps illustrate a picture for them. All in all i have taken in a large amount of knowledge from my Intro to College Writing class. I really, truly feel it has made write well. I am Samantha and this is my personal display of my strengths a writer.

4 comments:

  1. Sam,
    Great job on your e-portfolio! I think you picked some excellent pieces to showcase here.I believe you have a great voice and a real creative flair.I have enjoyed all of your essays throughout the quarter and you noted some important areas where you have improved your writing skills.The thought that you put into your work is evident and makes for an enjoyable read.
    Good luck!
    ~Jena

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good on the portfolio. I feel like you and I are in the same place with writing becuase I to was good at it in high school but still needed to be taught more. I enjoyed hearing your input throughout the quarter because it has helped me out. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all what i will say is that if i was the teacher for sure, you was gonna get 99percent. this is really a good portfoilio, i really enjoy reading it. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your e-portfolio! I love the color scheme and your creativity in your writing.

    ReplyDelete